Mystery Photo: Who was celebrating the Fourth of July?
This photo from the Observer-Reporter’s archives looks to have been taken in the late 1940s. Several other photos from the same event reveal signs that indicate this was an event celebrating the Fourth of July.
We’d like to learn the identity of the young women and the police officer, as well as the orchestra in the background. We’d also appreciate knowing what year the photo was taken and where the event was held.
If you have any information about the people or the event, email Park Burroughs, retired executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call and leave a message for him along with your phone number at 724-222-2200, extension 2400.
With a little luck and some assistance, we’ll be able to solve this mystery in next Monday’s newspaper.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Oakdale man pleads to robbing two Greene Co. banks | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union