Mystery Photo: Who was celebrating the Fourth of July?
This photo from the Observer-Reporter’s archives looks to have been taken in the late 1940s. Several other photos from the same event reveal signs that indicate this was an event celebrating the Fourth of July.
We’d like to learn the identity of the young women and the police officer, as well as the orchestra in the background. We’d also appreciate knowing what year the photo was taken and where the event was held.
If you have any information about the people or the event, email Park Burroughs, retired executive editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call and leave a message for him along with your phone number at 724-222-2200, extension 2400.
With a little luck and some assistance, we’ll be able to solve this mystery in next Monday’s newspaper.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflate-gate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5A coal mine in Nottingham? Proposal moves ahead | Observer-Reporter