Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Judge to trusts’ attorney: Recorder of deeds is not in contempt of court order

Police say North Strabane man assaulted wife as she bathed daughter

Cecil Elementary celebrates Thanksgiving feast

99-year-old Butsko Road bridge to be replaced with prefab structure

Roscoe resident petitions court to serve on school board

Water corrals to ease North Strabane traffic

Stoves, not turkey fryers pose biggest fire hazard

Fire sweeps through Independence Township apartment building

W&J student tackles gender, identity on campus

Hope for the holidays