Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Fire engulfs Cecil Township house

Police beat Nov. 25

Scenery Hill to relight Century Inn sign

Pittsburgh man charged with disrobing in California police holding cell

Peters girl uses strike time to help others

2000 Turkeys reaches goal

Cecil Elementary celebrates Thanksgiving feast

Fire sweeps through Independence Township apartment building

Judge to trusts’ attorney: Recorder of deeds is not in contempt of court order

Police say North Strabane man assaulted wife as she bathed daughter