Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

John F. Kennedy preschoolers celebrate Thanksgiving Charlie Brown style

Pint-sized Pilgrims

A special Thanksgiving

Holiday shoppers moving in advance of traditional Thanksgiving weekend start

Washington man charged with robbing grandmother

Canton firefighters respond to two blazes; one destroys home

Fires destroy two houses in Cecil Township

Man dies after explosion at Hanover auto service business

Authorities urge safe travel during busy holiday season

City Mission leans on community for Thanksgiving