Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Police: Trio used stolen gun to rob, kill 2 in California

Analysis: GOP is a party desperately in search of a leader

Obama: Americans must ‘come together’ on gun crimes

1 fatally shot at Texas Southern University housing complex

Searchers find boys alive in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge area

Farmers look at devastating losses as flood rolls downstream

U.S. abandons Pentagon’s failed rebel-building effort in Syria

Today in History- Friday, Oct. 9, 2015

Man out at Bob Evans factory over Confederate flag

Wrong drug’s use in execution prompts concerns from governor