Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pitsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?

Vanishing ink: Removing unwanted tattoos is a growth industry

Washington, Waynesburg take part in Small Business Saturday

Changing of the guard at Brownson House

Black Friday still a big shopping event

South Strabane votes down bunk houses

Counties, fed up with state budget impasse, explore feasibility of withholding funds

Local housing authority’s policy predates federal ‘no smoking’ initiative

Washington County helps 2000 Turkeys finish strong, surpass goal