Canonsburg man burned
A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.
Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.
A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.
Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.
Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union