Canonsburg man burned

  • April 29, 2013

A Canonsburg man suffered burns Saturday night when a citronella tiki torch he was trying to extinguish exploded in his face and caught his porch on fire.

Jason Chappell, 33, of 517 Blaine Ave., was found lying in the street.

A neighbor, Zach Puklus, told police he heard the explosion and grabbed a fire extinguisher. He used it first on Chappell and then on the porch. When the porch reignited, he used a trash can filled with water.

Police said the lid from the torch was found on the street.

Chappell was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital, but a hospital spokeswoman said there was no record of his treatment.


blog comments powered by Disqus

Man struck by truck in Washington; hospitalized

150-year-old voter lists found in Courthouse Square

Drug arrests made in Monongahela

Guest house opens in Monongahela

Peters Township man jailed for allegedly beating his mother

No tax increase in Robinson budget

Parkway, Fort Pitt Tunnel closures planned

Update planned on Charleroi historic preservation efforts

E. Washington woman pitches ‘Pittsburgh Plaid’ to city council

Could this week’s Mystery Photo be the first day of school?