Five hurt in crash
Five people were injured in a three-vehicle crash at 10:03 a.m. Saturday at Greene and Morgan streets, Waynesburg police said.
Police said Albert Rhome, 63, of Graysville, was driving east on Greene Street and apparently failed at the intersection’s red light. His car collided with a vehicle operated by Radostina Pesheva, 26, of Charleroi, which was traveling south on Morgan Street, according to police.
Pesheva’s vehicle then hit a car traveling north on Morgan operated by Dayna Rumski, no age given, of Bethel Park.
Rhome and his passenger, Lisa Weight, 39, of Waynesburg, were taken to Southwest Regional Medical Center where they were treated and released. Police said Pesheva and his passenger, Amanda Pecora, 46, of Belle Vernon, also were injured, though it was not known whether they were taken to a hospital.
Jason Shook, 35, of Pittsburgh, one of three passengers in Rumski’s car, also was injured and taken by helicopter to a Pittsburgh area hospital, police said. Information on his condition was unavalable.
The investigation into the crash is continuing, police said.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Family´s dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union