Councilman pleads guilty to heroin possession
STROUDSBURG (AP) — A borough councilman in northeastern Pennsylvania has pleaded guilty to heroin possession and been fined $2,500.
The Pocono Record reports Stroudsburg Borough Councilman Neil Allen entered the plea before a magisterial district judge on Monday. Other charges against him were withdrawn.
Neither Allen nor his attorney commented on whether Allen is in drug rehabilitation or still on borough council. Council President Kim Diddio says he can stay if he wants and that the council doesn’t have the authority to ask him to leave.
Allen was arrested last month after authorities say an officer observed a suspected drug dealer entering Allen’s vehicle and saw Allen put drugs in his pocket. Police said the councilman told them he had started using heroin about six weeks earlier because of back pain.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4W&J´s next energy lecture rescheduled to Feb. 17 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Sarris "deflategate" ball to be auctioned for charity | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union