Weeks powers Brewers past Pirates again
MILWAUKEE (AP) – Rickie Weeks hit a three-run homer and had five RBIs to lead the Milwaukee Brewers over the Pittsburgh Pirates 12-8 on Tuesday.
Weeks finished with three hits for the Brewers, who won their ninth straight against Pittsburgh. They improved to 46-7 at Miller Park vs. the Pirates since the start of 2007, the best home record by any team against a division opponent during that stretch.
Pittsburgh fought back from a 7-3 deficit to grab an 8-7 lead on Starling Marte’s three-run homer in the sixth inning. The play initially was ruled a double, but umpires overturned the call after a video replay.
Jean Segura led off the bottom half with his third home run of the season.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter