Baseball: Trinity clinches playoff spot
Nick Riotto went 3-for-4 with a triple as Trinity clinched a playoff spot in Section 3-AAA with a 6-4 win over McGuffey.
Zach Kenny also tripled, and winning pitcher Jason Van Kirk and Lou Favetti added doubles. Cory Humphreys struck out the side in the bottom of the seventh to earn the save for the Hillers (6-3, 9-6).
Preston Semple had three hits, including a homer and double, while Chris Keith added a two-run triple for McGuffey (0-10, 2-13). Pat Frey took the loss.
• Santino Paris scattered five hits and doubled as Avella ripped West Greene, 16-2, in a Section 1-A game.
Walt Kopko and Dean Hodgdon hit doubles for the Eagles (4-6, 8-6).
• Tanner Wildman took the loss for West Greene (1-8, 3-12).
Cory Fuller and Josh Mundell each knocked in three runs to help Carmichaels roll past Mapletown, 16-4, in a five-inning Section 1-A game.
Fuller went 4-for-4 and Mundell 2-for-4 for the Mikes (9-0, 12-0), who clinched the section title. Tommy Shoaf, Brandon Lawless and Grant Pradon each hit a double. Jacob Wamsley tripled.
Ben Boone hit a three-run home run for the Maples (0-9, 2-12).
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter