Baseball: W&J ends regular-season on 8-game winning streak
Washington & Jefferson concluded its regular season Sunday with its eighth-consecutive victory, 7-4 over host Penn State-Behrend.
First baseman Tyler Schultz led W&J (27-11) by going 2-for-5 with three RBI and a run scored. Scott Brady and Derek McIlvaine each scored two runs.
After falling behind 1-0, the Presidents scored five times in the third inning. Schultz had a two-run single in the big inning.
Mike Vizzini threw three innings of relief for his fourth win of the season. He allowed one earned run on three hits.
W&J will host the double-elimination Presidents’ Athletic Conference tournament beginning Thursday at Ross Memorial Park. The Presidents will play fourth-seeded Saint Vincent (18-18) in the first round at 6 p.m. Thomas More (27-12) will face Thiel (24-16) at 3 p.m.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union