Women charged with heroin possession
Two women face charges including possession of heroin after one of them overdosed in a South Strabane Township parking lot Monday afternoon.
Sarah Letitia Porterfield, 21, of Greensburg, and Pamela Jayne Marsteller, 46, of 84 W. Wheeling St., Washington, were charged by township police with possession of heroin, possession of paraphernalia and criminal conspiracy.
Police were called about 2:15 p.m. to the lot adjacent to Starbucks when Marsteller reportedly overdosed in Porterfield’s vehicle.
Police learned Porterfield had gone to Pittsburgh, where she purchased the drug.
After Marsteller injected the heroin and overdosed, police said Porterfield disposed of the heroin and related paraphernalia inside the women’s restroom at Starbucks. The items were retrieved by police. Marsteller was treated at the scene by ambulance personnel.
Charges will be sent by summons from the office of District Judge Jay Weller.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue cited for inhumane conditions | Observer-Reporter