Orion Gangopadhyay, a sixth-grader in the Peters Township School District, was awarded the Carnegie Science Award in the Physical Science Junior Division for his soil system surprise project. He also was nominated for the Broadcom Masters competition and a sponsor award from Range Resources. His parents are Sudip and Rina Gangopadhyay of Venetia.
Two Peters Township High School students have been awarded $2,500 scholarships from the National Merit Scholarships. They were among 2,500 students throughout the United States chosen from 15,000 finalists. Winners were selected based on accomplishments, skills and potential for success in rigorous college studies. They are:
• Maple Chen, who will most likely major in science/research.
• Cheng Wang, whose probable field of study will be computer science.
- 1Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union