Man charged with leaving infant home alone
A Fayette County man faces charges of endangering the welfare of a child when it was discovered he left his 8-month-old child alone at a home in Wayne Village, Franklin Township, while he went drinking at a bar Thursday.
David Swaney of McClellandtown also was charged with criminal mischief, public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
Police said when the mother of the child came home and discovered the child had been alone for an hour, a disturbance at the residence occurred. Swaney allegedly smashed the storm door at the home and eventually was found by police hiding behind Bucktown Beer.
He was arraigned before District Judge Lee Watson and placed in the Greene County jail on $5,000 cash bail.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union