UPDATED: Police identify driver killed in Chartiers Twp. crash
Authorities have identified the California man killed this morning in a two-vehicle crash on Route 18 in Chartiers Township.
Justin Randall Johnson, 26, of McKinleyville, died at the scene of the crash from multiple injuries, according to Washington County Coroner Timothy Warco.
Johnson was driving his sport-utility vehicle south on Route 18 when he crossed the center line and crashed into a tractor-trailer near Petronka Lane around 10:30 a.m., Chartiers police said.
The driver of the rig suffered minor injuries, but declined treatment at the scene.
Route 18 reopened at about 2:30 p.m. after being closed for several hours while police investigated the crash.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union