Students inducted into business honorary
WAYNESBURG – Last month, Waynesburg University debuted its first official chapter of Sigma Beta Delta, the international honor society for business management and administration. Twenty-one students from the university’s department of business administration were inducted into the society.
Anthony Bocchini, president of Sigma Beta Delta and professor of business administration at Waynesburg University, hosted the induction ceremony. Bocchini said he had looked forward to the induction of the university’s first Sigma Beta Delta members for years.
“Waynesburg University does a good job of recognizing academic success and this is just another way to get that done,” Bocchini said. “My hope would be that all of the students in the business department would get interested and hopefully be able to join us one day.”
Both president of Waynesburg University Timothy R. Thyreen and president-elect Douglas Lee addressed the students at the ceremony. A reception followed the conclusion of the ceremony.
Students from Washington and Greene counties inducted include:
• Kurt Bonnet, a senior business management major from Eighty Four
• Katlyn Moore, a senior finance major from Waynesburg
• Brittany Nimal, a forensic accounting major from Hickory
• Zander Shashura, a junior business management major from Fredericktown
• Clair Vehar, a senior accounting major from Holbrook