Memorial Day services
Amwell Township: 10 a.m., Lower Ten Mile Presbyterian Church in Amity. Veterans will be recognized, and refreshments will be served following the service. The Cook-Dodd Cabin will be open after the service. For more information, call 724-228-1031.
Marianna Legion Post 744
• 8:15 a.m. – Pleasant Hills Cemetery
• 8:45 a.m. – Franklin Cemetery
• 9:15 a.m. – Dunkirk Cemetery
• 10 a.m. – Highland Ridge Cemetery
• 10:30 a.m.– Lone Pine Cemetery
• 11 a.m. – North Ten Mile Baptist Cemetery
• 11:30 a.m. – Bethlehem Lutheran Cemetery
• Noon – Catholic Cemetery
• 12:30 p.m. – Horne Cemetery
• 12:45 p.m. – Russian Cemetery
• 1:30 p.m. – Ceremony at the legion
National Cemetery of the Alleghenies, Bridgeville: 11 a.m. Keynote speaker will be retired U.S. Marine Maj. Gen. Stephen T. Johnson. There also will be ceremonial taps with a rifle salute by the Marine Corps League. Musical selections will be provided by the Canon-McMillan High School band and Kate Matthews. A ceremonial wreath will be placed in honor of all POW/MIAs. For more information, visit www.cem.va.gov or call 724-746-4363.
West Alexander American Legion Post 656: 6 p.m. A parade will be held through town and to the cemetery in Dallas Pike, W.Va.
Bentleyville American Legion Post 165
• 8 a.m. – Somerset Township
• 8:30 a.m. – Scenery Hill
• 9 a.m. – Cokeburg
• 9:30 a.m. – Ellsworth
• 11 a.m. – Bentleyville
Eldersville: 9 a.m., Eldersville Veterans Memorial. Emma Gragan will sing, and poems honoring deceased veterans and troops now serving will be read. Refreshments and doughnuts will be available in the White Church after the service. For directions or more information, call Diane Huggins at 724-947-9782.
Hanson-Cole American Legion Post 391
• 8:40 a.m. – Buckingham Cemetery, Deemston
• 8:45 a.m. – Fredericktown Hill Cemetery
• 9:15 a.m. – Vestaburg
• 9:30 a.m. – World War II Honor Roll, Main Street, Fredericktown
• 9:45 a.m. – World War I Honor Roll, Newton
• 10 a.m. – Milfred Terrace Cemetery, Millsboro
• 10:20 a.m. – Honor Roll, Clarksville
• 10:45 a.m. – Riverfront in Fredericktown, placing wreath on Monongahela River to honor all servicemen and women lost at sea.
• 11 a.m. – Services at municipal parking lot, Main Street, Fredericktown, with services ending at the Veterans Memorial
J.F.K. Post 377 American Legion, California
• 8 a.m. – Daisytown
• 8:30 a.m. – Smallwood
• 9 a.m. – Coal Center
• 9:30 a.m. – Civil War Memorial
• 11 a.m. – Liberty Circle. There will be school awards presentations, guest speakers and Scouts. An open house, food and refreshments at the post home will follow the wreath presentation.
• 9:30 a.m. – Flag-raising and salute, Primrose Honor Roll
• 9:45 a.m. – Flag-raising and salute, Midway Honor Roll
• 10 a.m. – Center Cemetery, Midway
If it rains, services will be held at the Midway Community Center.
Mt. Pleasant Township: 10 a.m. in the Bud Allison Memorial Auditorium, Community Center, Hickory. Guest speaker will be Pvt. 1st Class Aaron Narigon, with special music presented by a bagpiper and violinist, and there will be a tribute to all fallen heroes from Mt. Pleasant Township.
Washington American Legion Post 175: Services will begin at 10 a.m. at the post, followed by a procession to Washington Cemetery Veterans Circle and the Washington County Courthouse. Guest speaker will be City Councilman Kenneth Westcott. The firing squad and honor guards will proceed to I.C. Cemetery on Locust Avenue, Beth Israel Cemetery on Oak Spring Road and Polish Cemetery on Goat Hill at noon.
West Alexander American Legion Post 656
• 10 a.m. – Parade
• 11 a.m. – Cemetery services
• Noon – Lunch at the post, followed by church service at West Alexander United Methodist Church.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union