Sharks beat Kings to force Game 7
SAN JOSE, Calif. – Joe Thornton got San Jose off to a fast start with a power-play goal in the first period and TJ Galiardi added a goal in the second to help the Sharks force a decisive seventh game with a 2-1 victory over the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings Sunday night.
Antti Niemi made 24 saves as the Sharks matched Los Angeles’ three home wins in this series with a third of their own. San Jose won all three games by 2-1 scores.
Game 7 is Tuesday night in Los Angeles. While the Kings seemingly have the advantage of home ice that has been so paramount this series, road teams in NHL history are 8-8 in seventh games of series where the home team has won the first six games, according to STATS LLC.
Dustin Brown scored the lone goal for Los Angeles and Jonathan Quick made 24 saves. The Kings have lost 11 of 12 road games but have been unbeatable at home, winning all six playoff games and 13 straight at Staples Center since the end of the regular season.
- 1'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union