Humane Society receives county’s donation
The Greene County commissioners recently presented the Humane Society of Greene County with the county’s annual $25,000 donation to cover general operating costs.
“This is a major part of our budget,” said Jane Gapen, Humane Society executive director. “We are very grateful to the commissioners for always thinking of us every year, and to the community for its unending support.”
The Humane Society, which runs solely on donations, is finalizing plans for its annual yard sale July 6 at the Greene County Fairgrounds, a golf outing July 27 at Carmichaels Golf Club and its end-of-summer Dog Gone Pool Party Aug. 18 at Mon View Pool.
The shelter is currently inundated with cats and kittens, and also has a few dogs for adoption.
For more information, call 724-627-9988, visit www.greenepet.org, or “Like” the Humane Society’s page on Facebook.
- 1Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union