Waynesburg’s youth summer camp program to hold sign-ups
WAYNESBURG – Sign-ups will be held today and Friday for Waynesburg Borough’s annual youth summer camp.
The sign-ups will be held from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. each day at the borough’s Central Park Playground. Children also can be registered once the program begins.
The six-week program will include arts and crafts and games for children ages 5 through 12. Any child under 5 also can participate in the program but must be accompanied each day by an adult.
The day camp will begin Monday and will run through July 26. Supervised activities will be offered from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. each day Monday through Friday.
Free lunches will be provided at noon by the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Greene County summer food program. A lesson also will be a part of the day focusing on topics including nutrition, fitness, hygiene and recycling.
This year, the program is sponsored by Chesapeake Energy and the Greene County Memorial Hospital Foundation. The director of the program is Lindsey Longstreth. For more information, call the borough at 724-627-8111.
- 1Burrell downs McGuffey for ninth straight team title win | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 3Mine safety initiatives discussed at symposium | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union