Area man appointed to PUC panel
The Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission has ratified the selection of William J. Sterner of Twilight to the commission’s Consumer Advisory Council.
“Bill Sterner, with his many years of experience in the electric industry, will do a tremendous job looking out for the best interests of consumers before the PUC,” said state Rep. Peter J. Daley, D-California, who made the appointment as Democratic chairman of the House Consumer Affairs Committee. “We have the right person in the right position.”
Daley said Sterner’s two-year term on the council will begin July 1 and last through June 30, 2015.
“The PUC balances the needs of consumers and utilities and needs input and advice on consumer protection issues,” Daley said. “The advisory council provides an important forum so critical concerns are considered.”
Sterner, vice president of Twilight Borough Council, is a retired Allegheny Power lineman. He served formerly as president of the Utility Workers Union of America, System Local 102, and as an executive council member of the Pennsylvania AFL-CIO. He remains the Region II representative to the national Utility Workers Union.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 3North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 4Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 5'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union