Steelers sign 4th pick Landry Jones
PITTSBURGH (AP) – The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed fourth-round draft pick Landry Jones to a four-year deal. The former Oklahoma quarterback is the ninth and final Pittsburgh draft pick to come to terms.
Details were not disclosed.
Pittsburgh selected Jones with the 115th overall pick in the draft and is the highest draft pick the Steelers have used on a quarterback since taking Ben Roethlisberger in the first round of the 2004 draft.
Jones started 50 games with the Sooners, setting school and Big 12 records by passing for 16,646 yards and 123 touchdowns during his career. He will compete with John Parker Wilson for the No. 3 quarterback spot behind Roethlisberger and backup Bruce Gradkowski.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter