Ohio woman, 80, kidnapped and put in car trunk
CLEVELAND (AP) – Authorities in Cleveland said an 80-year-old woman was kidnapped, bound and locked in a car trunk by suspects after a home-invasion robbery.
Police said they found the woman later in the trunk of the abandoned car, which had been taken from the couple after the robbery Monday night. Both were taken to a hospital, but there was no report on their conditions.
The kidnappers are still being sought.
The (Cleveland) Plain Dealer reports that two or three men broke into the home of the woman and her 82-year-old husband, who was struck with a pistol and bound with duct tape. After robbing them, the men left with the woman.
Officers found the car after learning that the robbers tried to use the couple’s ATM card at a gas station.
- 1Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union