Pittsburgh man’s body found in Pymatuning Lake
LINESVILLE (AP) – Crews have pulled the body of a Pittsburgh man from a northwestern Pennsylvania lake where the man entered the water trying to help a friend who had fallen off a boat they were on.
The body of 47-year-old Lawrence Page was found about 5 p.m. Wednesday in Pymatuning Lake.
Authorities had been searching since Saturday when Page jumped from a pontoon boat to help a woman who fell into the water. She was rescued by other people on the boat who pulled the woman in with a net, but Page went under the water and couldn’t be rescued.
The lake is in Pymatuning State Park, which straddles the Ohio-Pennsylvania border about 90 miles north of Pittsburgh.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Team members, community support Biggest Winner competitors | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union