Curious ‘sub’ject: Photo’s date unknown
We are fairly certain that this photograph was published in either The Observer, The Reporter, or both, but we have no idea when. And without a date, searching through years of microfilm would be arduous and impractical.
So, we are hoping that some of our readers know when this submarine came through Washington and what it was doing here.
The photo was taken on West Cherry Alley by the south side of the courthouse. It could have been taken in the 1930s or 1940s, judging by the clothing fashions, but the submarine appears to be of an older vintage.
If you think you know when or why this event took place, email Park Burroughs, retired executive editor, at email@example.com, or call and leave a message for him along with your telephone number at 724-222-2200, extension 2400.
With a little luck and assistance from our readers, we’ll be able to solve this mystery and publish our findings next Monday.
- 1`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Wolf bans new drilling in state parks | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union