Family cat perishes in Peters Twp. house fire
A state police fire marshal was called Sunday to investigate a fire that heavily damaged a house in Peters Township and also killed the family cat.
No one was injured in the 6 p.m. fire at a house at 215 Hemlock Drive owned by John Wilson, Peters fire Chief Dan Coyle said.
One resident was home when the fire apparently started in the basement, and she called Washington County 911, Coyle said.
The fire spread into the second floor of the two-story frame house.
Firefighters from Peters Township, Upper St. Clair, North Strabane Township, Houston and Washington responded as well as a rapid intervention team.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Chamber hears update on phase 2 of Mariner Pipeline project | Observer-Reporter
- 4Annie´s Mailbox: Cut mom some slack with her boyfriend | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union