Gandolfini funeral to be held Thursday

  • June 24, 2013

Gandolfini funeral to be held Thursday

NEW YORK (AP) – The funeral for James Gandolfini will be held Thursday at the Cathedral Church of Saint John the Divine in New York City.

An HBO spokeswoman speaking on behalf of Gandolfini’s family says the funeral is scheduled for 10 a.m.

The 51-year-old star of “The Sopranos” died Wednesday in Rome. Family spokesman Michael Kobold says Gandolfini died of a heart attack.

HBO confirmed on Monday that Gandolfini’s body had been returned to the United States from Rome.

The actor had been headed to Sicily to appear at the Taormina Film Festival, which paid tribute to him Saturday.


blog comments powered by Disqus

John Stamos pleads no contest to driving under the influence

Smollett enjoying musical journey provided by ‘Empire’

‘Code Black’ welcomes cast from ‘The Lion King’

Little Lake to present two shows

Enya returns with ethereal style she’s made her own

Can you guess Billboard’s biggest hits?

Review: Shallow shock and awe in ‘Star Wars Battlefront’

Kelsey Grammer to return to ‘Finding Neverland’

Rapper Snoop Dogg helps deliver 1,500 turkeys in Inglewood

Hello: Adele’s ‘25’ will give industry much-needed boom