Player to oppose claim of $1m by former caddie
A lawyer representing Gary Player says the golfer will oppose a claim of $1 million by his former caddie and business partner in South Africa for an unpaid loan.Dave King has gained an interim court order that potentially allows him to sue Player for assets the nine-time major champion holds in South Africa, including shares in a stud farm. King claims he loaned Player the money in 1999.Rael Gootkin, an attorney for Player, says "Mr. Player denies from his perspective that the funds advanced ever constituted a loan" and says they will oppose the interim order and any intention to sue. Gootkin says court papers suing Player for the $1 million haven't yet been filed.King has previously caddied for Player at the U.S. Masters.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 4Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 5News, Sports, Events, & Community
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union