Woman, son found dead in western Pa.
ROCKWOOD (AP) – State police in Western Pennsylvania are investigating the deaths of a woman and her son whose bodies were found in different locations on the Fourth of July.
Police in Somerset County said the body of 79-year-old Dorothy Ernst of Somerset was found in a remote location in Brothersvalley Township.
Her son, Walter Ernst, 58, was found dead in Black Township.
The bodies were found between 4:30 and 6:11 p.m. Thursday. There was no immediate information about a cause of death for either person.
Police said in a statement the deaths are believed to be related, but “it may be a prolonged period of time” before the investigation is completed.
Troopers emphasized, however, that “there is no danger to the public with regards to these deaths.”
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman helps rescue sleeping resident from burning Peters Twp. home | Observer-Reporter
- 4Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 5Burt living his dream at Duquesne | Observer-Reporter