Wild Things snap losing streak
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – Jim Vahalik went 4-for-5, cracked a solo home run and drove in three runs to help the Wild Things take an 8-1 victory from the Evansville Otters Friday night at Bosse Field, snapping a three-game losing streak.
The Wild Things trailed 1-0 before scoring five times in the sixth inning. Jovan Rosa doubled in one run and Vahalik singled in another. Darian Sandford had a two-run double and Scott Kalamar made it 5-1 with a single that scored Vahalik.
C.J. Beatty cracked a solo home run, his team-high ninth, in the seventh and Vahalik matched it with one in the eighth, his third. Vahalik had an RBI-single in the ninth,
Zach LeBarron allowed only one run in 6 2/3 innings to raise his record to 2-0. Ryan Gibson (0-1) gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings to take the loss.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
- 5Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union