Explosion at gas well site injures 8 in W.Va.
NEW MILTON, W.Va. (AP) – Eight people have been injured in an explosion at an Antero Resources natural gas drilling site in Doddridge County.
Doddridge County EMS says the explosion occurred around 4 a.m. Sunday at a well site in New Milton.
Antero vice president of production Kevin Kilstrom tells WBOY-TV that two crews were preparing to enter production tubing into the well when the accident occurred. He says there was a fire and a possible explosion.
Kilstrom says five contract workers were transported to the West Penn Burn Center in Pittsburgh.
Doddridge County EMS says a total eight workers were injured. The others were taken to in-state hospitals.
The victim’s conditions weren’t immediately available.
Kilstrom says the company has notified the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Waynesburg man arrested on drug charges | Observer-Reporter
- 3Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 4College news | Observer-Reporter
- 5Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union