Wild Things fall at Evansville
EVANSVILLE, Ind. – C.J. Henry’s solo homer in the bottom of the eighth inning lifted Evansville to a 5-4 victory over Washington Sunday night in a Frontier League game at Bosse Field.
Henry’s homer came after Washington (22-23) had tied the game at 4-4 in the top of the eighth when C.J. Beatty’s sacrifice fly scored Darian Sandford, who had moved to third on a wild pitch and his league-best 33rd stolen base.
A.J. Nunziato and Stewart Ijames had solo home runs for Washington, which dropped a rain-shortened 7-1 five-inning game to Evansville Saturday night.
Matt Phillips took the loss in relief of Shawn Sanford for Washington.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Eighty Fourīs Ross Farm included in "crowd-funded" Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 3Economy slowed last quarter, but signs pointing up | Observer-Reporter
- 4Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 5'Finding Zink' a success | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union