Wild Things ring up Freedom
FLORENCE, Ky. – The Washington Wild Things overcame four errors and closed out the first half of their Frontier League season with a 4-3 victory Sunday over the Florence Freedom at UCMC Stadium.
Matt Mirabal drove in two runs with a single in a three-run second inning as Washington, which will host the All-Star game on Wednesday, improved its record to 24-27.
Mirabal, subbing for injured All-Star catcher Jim Vahalik, also threw out two runners attempting to steal.
Mark Samuelson had a double and scored twice for the Wild Things, while Stewart Ijames and Shain Stoner also doubled for Washington.
Darian Sandford led a nine-hit attack with three base hits.
Gary Lee picked up the victory for the Wild Things, allowing three runs in 5 2/3 innings.
Daniel DeSimone took the loss for Florence (30-21) in relief of starter Casey Henn, allowing one run in two innings.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Drivers advised to adhere to speed limit on I-70 | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
- 5Funeral director´s license revoked | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union