Oklahoma St. golf signee leads Southern Amateur
One of the youngest and one of the oldest in the elite international field of the 107th Southern Amateur climbed atop the leaderboard.Nineteen-year-old Zachary Olsen eagled his closing hole for an 8-under 64 to take the lead after Wednesday's first round at the Club at Carlton Woods Nicklaus course in The Woodlands. The Cordova, Tenn., golfer who is headed to Oklahoma State as a freshman in the fall. He's one stroke up on 40-year-old Las Vegas developer Kevin Marsh in a field dominated by collegiate golfers.Georgia Tech senior Ricky Werenski of South Hadley, Mass., also is one shot back.An 80-minute rain delay left a handful of players on the course at darkness, but none were in position to catch Olsen when they finish Thursday morning.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Offender pleads guilty to squatting inside vacant home | Observer-Reporter
- 4Oh, so close: Canon-McMillan edged in quarterfinals | Observer-Reporter
- 5Belford, J-M lock down spot in semifinals | Observer-Reporter