US tweaks Gold Cup roster ahead of knockout
United States coach Jurgen Klinsmann has adjusted his roster for the CONCACAF Gold Cup quarterfinals.Defenders Omar Gonzalez and Matt Besler and forwards Alan Gordon and Eddie Johnson have been added to the team. Oguchi Onyewu, Herculez Gomez, Jack McInerney and Corey Ashe were removed from the roster.The U.S. will play El Salvador in Baltimore on Sunday. CONCACAF did not announce any changes for El Salvador on Wednesday.The knockout rounds begin in Atlanta on Saturday, with Panama taking on Cuba, and Mexico facing Trinidad and Tobago. Honduras and Costa Rica also play on Sunday in Baltimore.For Honduras, defender Erick Norales was added to the roster, and Johnny Palacios was removed from the list. Mexico added midfielder Jose Maria Cardenas in place of Darvin Chavez, and Trinidad and Tobago put midfielder Kevan George on its team instead of Khaleem Hyland.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 5Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union