Pettersson abandons his anchoring for Open
One of the big surprises Thursday in the British Open came from Carl Pettersson. For the first time in a major, he's using a conventional putter.Pettersson has used a long putter ever since he was in college, and the Swede has anchored it against his chest his entire professional career. A new rule adopted in May means golfers no longer will be able to use anchored strokes starting in 2016.Pettersson strongly opposed the rule, but he's going along with it - at a major championship, no less. He has a short putter and uses a "claw" grip.His caddie says Pettersson first used the short putter on Sunday at the John Deere Classic, where he tied for 54th.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 3Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
- 47 essential steps to take when you´re in an accident | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union