Boy, 7, pulled from bottom of Philly pool
PHILADELPHIA (AP) – A 7-year-old boy was pulled from the bottom of a city-owned pool in Philadelphia and taken to the hospital in critical condition.
The boy was swimming at the Cobbs Creek Recreation Center when he went under Thursday afternoon. He was taken to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
City officials say the victim had been attending a private camp for children between the ages of 5 and 8.
Police say the pool had adequate staff on duty, including four lifeguards on deck and four counselors in the pool. There were as many as 30 children in the pool at the time of the boy’s near-drowning.
Police are investigating.
- 1Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 2Two injured in Amwell Township crash | Observer-Reporter
- 3Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 4`Finding Zink´ a success | Observer-Reporter
- 5Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union