Pitt lands just one on preseason all-ACC list
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Clemson quarterback Tajh Boyd, the conference preseason player of the year, leads the Atlantic Coast Conference’s preseason all-league team.
The ACC Wednesday announced its preseason all-league team following a vote of 65 members of the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association.
Boyd was voted the league’s preseason player of the year earlier this week after winning the ACC player of the year award in 2012.
He appeared on 59 ballots and is one of three Tigers on the team along with receiver Sammy Watkins and kicker Chandler Catanzaro. Clemson is the ACC’s preseason favorite for just the second time since 1991.
Newcomer Pitt, which joined the conference after leaving the Big East, managed just one player on the first-team list, safety Jason Hendricks, who garnered 18 votes. Hendricks had six interceptions in 2012.
Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald finished third in the voting among defensive tackles.
Florida State had a league-best six players selected while North Carolina placed four players on the team.
Miami running back Duke Johnson appeared on 58 ballots while Watkins was on 57.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 3Retired Consol worker wins religious discrimination suit | Observer-Reporter
- 4Waynesburg couple charged with alleged abuse of 2-year-old son | Observer-Reporter
- 5Local manager gets top McDonald´s award | Observer-Reporter