New Freedom Grange plans activities
New Freedom Grange will meet at 5 p.m. Aug. 3 at Chambers Farm, Wind Ridge, to plan and coordinate activities for August and September.
All members are strongly encouraged to attend, and anyone interested in joining the grange will be welcome.
Agenda items include a formal review of the first four grange degrees, preparation for the fifth degree at the county level in September, preparation for the sixth degree at the state level in October, and preparation for the seventh degree at the national level in November.
Plans will be finalized to set up a display and a sales booth at the Greene County Fair, and work crews will be assigned to cover the grange booth each day of the fair.
In addition, plans will move forward for the trip to Ohio Amish country Aug. 17 and to host a community day and picnic for the West Greene community at Ryerson Park Aug. 24.
Another important item for discussion will be the rental of space for a grange hall in Wind Ridge.
Anyone interested in learning more about the grange and its activities is encouraged to call 724-428-3004.
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Family's dog went missing after accident on I-79 | Observer-Reporter
- 5Marcellus Shale facility proposed in South Strabane | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union