Rollover crash in Smith Township kills 2, injures 2
SLOVAN – A one-vehicle crash killed two people and injured two others early Saturday in Smith Township.
Emergency dispatchers in Washington County said the crash occurred about 1:30 a.m., when the vehicle flipped over on Joffre-Bulger Road.
KDKA-TV in Pittsburgh identified the victims as Michael Gregg and Joe Bowland. The victims’ Facebook profiles indicate they are former Bulger residents.
Officials said the two men were taken to Weirton Medical Center in West Virginia, where they were pronounced dead.
Two other people were taken to Allegheny General Hospital and UPMC-Presbyterian hospital in Pittsburgh, where their conditions were not available Saturday night.
Smith police did not return messages Saturday.
In May 2012, Joffre-Bulger Road was the scene of another deadly crash.
Police said Aaron River Herriott, 18, of Grant Street, Bulger, and John J. Alouise, 62, and Debra L. Alouise, 51, both of Center Avenue, Burgettstown, were killed when Herriott’s vehicle crossed the center line, colliding with Alouises’ vehicle.
- 1Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 2North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. president's residence renovated to last | Observer-Reporter
- 4Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 5Waynesburg woman to respond for allegedly conspiring in bank robbery | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union