Man charged with fatally shooting another in W. Pa
RUFFSDALE (AP) – State police charged a Western Pennsylvania man with fatally shooting another in the driveway of a residence, after a dispute over money.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for 54-year-old Lee Atwood, of Irwin.
He was in custody awaiting arraignment Tuesday on charges including first-degree murder, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment in the death of 46-year-old George Williams.
Trooper Stefani Plume said Williams was shot by Atwood after Atwood went to a residence in South Huntingdon Township to collect a debt.
Plume said the men argued before Williams punched Atwood in the face. Police say Atwood then left, but returned to shoot Williams.
Williams is from the Yukon area of South Huntingdon Township, several miles away from the residence where he was shot in the same township, sometime after 9 p.m. Monday.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Three sentenced in county court | Observer-Reporter
- 2Chartiers couple receives letter requesting nearly $16,000 in back taxes | Observer-Reporter
- 3Bentleyville McDonald's manager receives top award | Observer-Reporter
- 4Burt living his dream at Duquesne | Observer-Reporter
- 5Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter