Waynesburg man dies in crash
WAYNESBURG – A 63-year-old Waynesburg man was killed in a two-vehicle crash at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday on Route 218, about two miles south of Waynesburg.
Charles Hoyle was pronounced dead at the scene by Greene County Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis.
State police said Hoyle was driving south on the road when his car entered the northbound lane and collided with a oncoming pickup truck operated by David Barr, 19, of Fairview, W.Va. Barr was not injured.
The Waynesburg-Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Co. was called to assist at the scene.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 2Couple surprised by Pa. Revenue Dept. audit letter | Observer-Reporter
- 3Cal U. professor found dead on campus | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Troubled Fredericktown water authority needs a costly fix | Observer-Reporter