Waynesburg man dies in crash
WAYNESBURG – A 63-year-old Waynesburg man was killed in a two-vehicle crash at 5:35 a.m. Wednesday on Route 218, about two miles south of Waynesburg.
Charles Hoyle was pronounced dead at the scene by Greene County Deputy Coroner Mary Lewis.
State police said Hoyle was driving south on the road when his car entered the northbound lane and collided with a oncoming pickup truck operated by David Barr, 19, of Fairview, W.Va. Barr was not injured.
The Waynesburg-Franklin Township Volunteer Fire Co. was called to assist at the scene.
- 1Community foundation announces new scholarship in memory of Jesse Benson | Observer-Reporter
- 2Pitt expresses interest in Ringgold´s Law
- 3Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 4Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 5Washington bus depot almost ready | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union