Samuelson drives in 6; Wild Things rally for win
Mark Samuelson tied a Wild Things record by driving in six runs Sunday as Washington rallied to defeat the Florence Freedom 10-8 at Consol Energy Park.
Samuelson (2-for-4) hit a grand slam – his 11th home run of the season – that tied the score at 5-5 in the third inning, then smacked a two-run double in the eighth that gave the Wild Things a 9-8 lead. Samuelson became the sixth player in Wild Things history to have six RBI in a game and the first since Ernie Banks in 2009.
Samuelson scored Washington’s final run on a single by Stewart Ijames. Josh Loggins, Bill Greenwell and Pat Peavey each drove in six runs twice.
Pat Butler (1-0), the fifth of six Washington pitchers, was the winner. Amalio Diaz pitched the ninth for his fifth save.
C.J. Beatty drove in three runs for the Wild Things. Byron Wiley hit two home runs for Florence.
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Parents of toddler will head to court | Observer-Reporter
- 3Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter
- 5Moninger - 107 years | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union