Actor John Goodman receives honorary degree
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) – Actor John Goodman said he’s learned to be grateful for his blessings, rather than always striving for more.
Goodman was awarded an honorary doctorate degree of humane letters Sunday during at the convocation at Missouri State University in Springfield. He graduated from the school with a fine arts degree in 1975.
He says he originally went to Missouri State to play football but an injury led him to focus on drama. He says he owes his career to the school because its teachers helped him find and pursue his passion.
Goodman, a St. Louis native who has starred in stage, television and film roles, told the students to appreciate small blessings, because “the most important thing you will do in your life is take your next breath.”
- 1North Bethlehem Twp. man sentenced to 2 to 4 years for sex assault | Observer-Reporter
- 2Area native helps treat Ebola patients in Liberia | Observer-Reporter
- 3Angel Ridge Animal Rescue, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 4Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 5Woman arrested, charged in deadly West Pike Run home invasion | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union