Ancient architects topic of film
Ancient architects topic of documentary
Grave Creek Mound Archaeological Complex in Moundsville, W.Va., will continue its 2013 lecture and film series at 7 p.m. Aug. 29 with a documentary film, “Mysteries of the Ancient Architects.”
The Camera One production explores the earthworks built by the Hopewell people along Ohio’s Scioto River.
Beginning more than 2,000 years ago, the earthworks were constructed on a grand scale with precision. Many were designed as combinations of giant geometric squares, circles and octagons that seem to adhere to a master architectural design.
The program is free. For more information, contact Andrea Keller, cultural programs coordinator, at 304-843-4128 or Andrea.K.Keller@wv.gov.
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union
- 1Rescue kennel, owner cited by state dog warden | Observer-Reporter
- 2Charges held for court in shaken baby case | Observer-Reporter
- 3Sarris Candies displays "deflategate" chocolate football | Observer-Reporter
- 4Washington County deputy district attorney announces candidacy for district judge | Observer-Reporte
- 5Washington police officer suspended without pay | Observer-Reporter