Pedestrian hit by car still in critical condition
A 60-year-old North Franklin Township man who was struck by a vehicle while walking home along Route 18 early Friday remained in critical condition Saturday afternoon.
Dennis McCormick of 1815 Park Ave. was flown from the accident scene at 470 Park Ave. to UPMC-Presbyterian hospital, Pittsburgh, following the 1 a.m. accident near Washington Cemetery, North Franklin police said. He underwent surgery shortly after arriving at the hospital and remained there in critical condition, police said.
The driver, Dawna S. Heinz, 61, of Washington, told police it was difficult to see because of heavy fog.
Police said McCormick works in various restaurants and often walks in the area.
- 1Avella store robbed at gunpoint | Observer-Reporter
- 2Murder trial begins 35 years after 6-year-old vanished in N.Y. | Observer-Reporter
- 3Gibbs retiring as Washington County clerk of courts | Observer-Reporter
- 4Carnegie Mellon student killed in apparent murder-suicide | Observer-Reporter
- 5Eighty Four's Ross Farm included in 'crowd-funded' Super Bowl beer ad | Observer-Reporter
Jessop Community Federal Credit Union